Thursday, May 7, 2015

Crock Pot Barbecued Beef V.2


I am so glad that winter is past and summer is well on its way here in NY! This past winter has been such a long, cold season with so much snow, that it sometimes felt like we would never get to feel the warm sun beating down on us again! Typically, I stop wanting to eat cooked foods, especially heavy cooked meat-based dishes, and I move toward eating light salads, green smoothies, fresh juice, and cold dishes at this time of year. However, before I get to sharing lighter recipes of the season, I wanted to share a revision of this Crock Pot Barbecued Beef recipe that I had shared several years ago. This recipe is a little sweeter and has a little added flavor dimension with the addition of Coconut Aminos. I'm sure that Bragg's Liquid Aminos would work in place of the Coconut. I'm allergic to soy, so I use Coconut Aminos in place of Bragg's.

I made this a few weeks ago. It's just so easy to throw this in the crock pot before leaving for church, and then we can come home to it for dinner. I also made some coleslaw, and we had fresh veggies with hummus. Some of us had buns, while many of us just chose to eat the meat without. It was a big hit, and an entire crock pot full of this meat was gone in no time!

Crock Pot Barbecued Beef V.2
4 lbs beef roast
1 3/4 c. ketchup
1/4 c. spicy brown mustard
1/2 c. pure maple syrup
1/2 c. honey
1/4 c. + 2 Tbs Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4 c. Coconut Aminos
2 Tbs. Worcestershire Sauce
1/4 c. Frank's Red Hot
1 t. salt
1/2 t. ground black pepper
1/2 t. garlic powder
1/2 t. onion powder

Mix all the ingredients (except the beef) in a bowl. Then pour over your meat in a crock pot. Cook on high approximately 4-5 hours, depending on your crock pot. If you find it's not falling apart tender at the end of 4 hours, you might cut it into smaller pieces and cook a little longer until it's tender enough to easily shred.



No comments: